Okuma's MU-S600V 5-axis vertical machining center has won the 48th Machine Design Award for Excellence, sponsored by the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Business & Technology Daily News (METI Minister's Award) [Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry].
The MU-S600V is a "smart machine" that can be used for high-mix, low-volume (HMLV) and variable-mix, variable-volume production, as the core of "smart factory" operations. In developing the MU-S600V, Okuma targeted the following design concepts:
As machines playing a vital role in the new factories of the future
- As machines that, just by being connected, can build compact automated production lines into innovatively smart production line systems
- As machines that can adapt to changes in production (market requirements) from stand-alone to multi-machine applications (agile manufacturing)
- From large operations to small job shops, the MU-S600V is an easy door opener to effective 5-axis machining
- A slender machine, only 1,400-mm wide has a large machining area (maximum diameter of ø600 mm)
Designing smart machines that lead the way to new, master-craftsmanship manufacturing
Designed ease of use in 5-axis machining
- Leveraging the convergence of ease of use, IIoT, and AI
- With new usability designing that focused on practical and successful 5-axis machining
As Your Single Source for M-E-I-K (Mechanics-Electronics-IT-Knowledge), Okuma offers this 5-axis VMC with an entirely new design concept, for the future of advanced craft-based manufacturing.
Click here for more info about Okuma's MU-S600V.